Thursday, April 22, 2010

A brownie so good you'll want to marry it!



I love this simple and easy brownie recipe so much I want to marry it. Well, not,really.  It just makes me so happy.  I don't get a chocolate craving too often but last night my stomach was calling for some chocolate. I needed something that would warm my soul.  I needed warm soft chewy yummy brownies. 



Melt the chocolate and butter.  Already a good combo!


 Pour it into a metal bowl and let it sit for two minutes.  This will cool the mixture enough so when you add the chocolate chips later they won't melt when it bakes in the oven. 


Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the cooled chocolate and mix until just incorporated.


Add the flour and chocolate chips.



 Mix it up and pour it into a pan.


And please don't step on the kitty on your way to the oven like I did. :(   Sorry Dizzy!
She likes to hang out in the kitchen when I cook and sometimes I forget she's there keeping me company.



See how the chocolate chips don't melt?


How to enjoy a brownie.


Dried strawberries and mini chocolate chips.


Peanut butter chips with mini chocolate chips.

Chocolate sprinkles.
 


How to enjoy a brownie like a 9 year old.


A plain brownie for him?  No way.  First you got to jazz it up!

Yeah, that's the ticket!


Take a bite.
Oh it's so good.  I can't say a word.


No really. No more questions. I must enjoy my brownie in peace.




Chocolate Brownies

1/2 cup butter

2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (I use Ghirardelli)

1 cup of sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon of vanilla

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly spray an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.

In a medium saucepan melt the butter and the bittersweet chocolate over low heat.
Pour the melted butter and chocolate into a bowl.  Let it cool for two minutes.

Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until just combined.

Mix in flour and 1/2  cup of semi sweet chocolate chips. 

Spread the batter into sprayed baking pan.

Bake for 30 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

5 comments:

  1. my oh my....I do love brownies!!!! these look oh so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what amazing brownies, love your dishes, and your son is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, don't apologize to kitty by sharing the chocolate brownies either. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the brownies and all their toppings!

    ReplyDelete