Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chocolate Crinkles




This recipe came from a cookbook created by church ladies who love to cook and for some reason put together a cookbook. I don't know why they created the "Un-'bear"ably Good Cooking" Cookbook, but I'm glad they did.

It's funny how we got this book since I didn't know the lady who put the book together (Betty Jo Young) or even the lady who gave this recipe (Monica Memmott Earl). We became the proud owners of this cookbook by luck. My hubby's boss gave him the cookbook as a way of thanking him one day. I don't remember why he was thanking him because it has been way too long to remember, but I chuckle each time I use the cookbook because this thoughtful gift was actually re-gifted. And how do I know this? Well his aunt who had been in charge of the cookbook had personally signed the book for him. Whoops. Well he may have not appreciated the cookbook, but I love it. So Betty Jo thanks for the cookbook. I appreciate the massive amount of work it must have been to put it together because I can imagine it must have been a pain in the butt.

I would also like to thank Monica who contributed this recipe to the " Un-'bear"ably Good Cooking" Cookbook. Her cookies were quick, delicious and easy to make. Which is a plus since we are all swamped with end of school projects.



Chocolate Crinkles

From "Un-'bear"ably Good Cooking" and Monica Memmott Earl


Mix together

1/2 cup oil

12 tablespoons of Dutch processed cocoa

2 cups sugar

Add:

4 eggs

2 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Roll into a ball and then in powdered sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment